Herbal foraging traditions
Half-day tour to with a Red Dzao specialist
Grab a basket and follow a Red Dzao specialist into the bamboo forests and wild jungles of Nam Cang to to learn how to forage and distinguish between some of the most important herbs used for medicinal purposes, followed by soaking in a large traditional herbal bath along the riverside back at Topas Riverside Lodge.
From 2 people: 750,000. VND /person
Trip Type: Culture | Activity Level: Easy | Service Level: Standard
Product code: SRV2
- Learning about Red Dzao herbal medicine and generational knowledge
- Exploring a bamboo forest while distinguishing between different kinds of herbs
- Indulging in a traditional therapeutic herbal bath
This tour is perfect for
- Cultural encounters
- Educational purposes and relaxation
- Photography lovers and anthropologists
Topas Riverside Lodge - Bamboo forest - Red Dzao Bathhouse
Follow Ms. Phu into the bamboo forests behind Topas Riverside Lodge for an interesting lesson on herbal foraging techniques used by the Red Dzao for hundreds of years.
Observe how she works quickly and without hesitation, able to recognize each plant and herb instantaneously, and try your luck at identifying as well with help from your guide. Every gatherer in the tribe can recognize a minimum of 50 different herbs and plant species, with some able to name at least 200!
Afterwards, head back to the Red Dzao Bathhouse at Topas Riverside Lodge and see how the herbs are prepared for traditional baths. These baths are known for their thereuputic benefits – especially aiding in recovery after child birth, circulation issues, skin conditions, and symptoms from colds and the flu like migraines and fevers.
Hop into one of the baths and let the sounds of the river soothe you as you sip a complimentary herbal iced tea as the tour ends.
Included Meals: N/A
Departure: 15:00 – 16:00
Activities: 1h foraging class – 30 – 45′ herbal bath
- All entrance tickets to local villages and Hoang Lien National Park
- 1 x bilingual (ENG and VN) speaking local tour guide
- 1 x Red Dzao specialist
- 1 x 45′ herbal bath with complimentary iced tea
- Government Value Added Tax
- Other drinks
- Vietnam visa
- Travel insurance (Compulsory with Topas Travel programs)
- Personal travel items (Please visit our Vietnam weather page for more information)
- Prices are quoted in Vietnamese Dong and valid until Dec 31st, 2020
- Price based on minimum group size of 2 people, supplement applied for solo traveler
- Prices calculated with Value Added Tax
Your adventure starts with only the click of a button...
Rates and Special Offers
Looking for something else? We have many other packages for you to consider, whether you like to hike, bike, learn about ethnic minority cultures, take photos, or relax at Topas Ecolodge.