Nam Cang Discovery
Day-tour to Nam Cang Village
Get a taste of local flavor on our best-selling Nam Cang Village day-trip just outside of Sapa in the rugged landscapes of Hoang Lien National Park. Spend time hiking in some of Vietnam’s most iconic scenery, the sparkling rice terraces, before learning about the intriguing customs and culture of the Red Dzao ethnic minority. Then, sit down for a hearty meal served at Topas Riverside Lodge, a unique village and riverside dining property only accessible by foot.
Join-in Tour Price: 1,460,000 VND (63 USD) per person
Trip Type: Culture | Activity Level: Easy | Service Level: Standard
Departs every day!
Product code: SW1A
- Hiking through the iconic terraced rice fields of northern Vietnam
- Meeting members of the Red Dzao ethnic minority and learning about their way of life
- Dining at Topas Riverside Lodge with meals prepared from fresh, locally sourced ingredients
This tour is perfect for
- Dusting off those old hiking shoes and getting back into nature
- Cultural encounters
- Families with children of all ages
Day 1: Out and About in Nam Cang | Sapa/Topas Ecolodge – Nam Cang Village – Topas Riverside Lodge – Topas Ecolodge/ Sapa
Start the day with an after breakfast transfer from Topas Travel’s Sapa Office (7:30) or Topas Ecolodge (8:30) into the rugged countryside of Hoang Lien National Park. Start your hike near Sin Chai Village, a truly off-the-beaten track location, framed by steep mountains, rushing waterfalls, and deep valleys.
The hike takes you through some of the most picturesque rice terraces in all of Vietnam, down dirt trails dotted with bamboo huts used by local farmers as a temporary lodge during harvest season. As the path continues downwards, you’ll eventually arrive to the charming Red Dzao community residing in Nam Cang Village.
A short walk through the village brings you to Topas Riverside Lodge for a relaxing breather on the patio facing the local river. Sit down for a feast prepared by the staff, with all dishes created from locally sourced, organic ingredients. You can also jump into the river and swim with the local children!
After lunch (and maybe a coffee or lemongrass tea), explore Nam Cang Village with your guide, learning about embroidery, silversmithing, and traditional herbal medicine in different Red Dzao homes before returning to Topas Ecolodge (15:30) or Topas Travel’s Sapa Office (16:30).
Included Meals: Lunch
Distance and Activities: 2h – 3.5h transfer depending on drop-off point – 8km rice terrace hike
- Round-trip transfer from Topas Ecolodge or the Sapa Office
- Lunch at Topas Riverside Lodge
- All entrance tickets to local villages and Hoang Lien National Park
- Free refillable water in the shuttle as well as Topas Riverside Lodge (Please check with your guide or driver)
- 1 x English speaking local tour guide during activities
- Government Value Added Tax
- Drinks and alcohol
- Vietnam visa
- Travel insurance (Compulsory with Topas Travel programs)
- Personal travel items (Please visit our Vietnam weather page for more information)
- Prices are quoted in Vietnamese Dong and valid until Sep 30th, 2020
- Exchange rate applied at VND 23,200. to 1 USD
- Prices calculated with Value Added Tax
- Surcharge may be applicable during peak season and public holidays
Your adventure starts with only the click of a button...
Looking for something else? We have many other packages for you to consider, whether you like to hike, bike, learn about ethnic minority cultures, take photos, or relax at Topas Ecolodge.