Sapa Jungle Expedition
3 Days, 2 Nights at Topas Riverside Lodge
Experience the best that northern Vietnam has to offer on this 3-day itinerary filled with hikes through the jungles of remote Hoang Lien National Park and meeting members of the Red Dzao community. Spend each night at Topas Riverside Lodge, a cozy, boutique home-stay where nature is the main attraction before spending a day in Topas Ecolodge’s double infinity swimming pools.
Package Price: 4,750,000 VND (207 USD) per person(3 days, 2 nights with meals and join-in activities as described below)
Product code: TAVPRO_RV2
Trip Type: Culture | Activity Level: Easy | Service Level: Standard
- Trekking through jungles and rice terraces
- Learning about Red Dzao minority culture
- Sampling traditional Vietnamese dishes during family-style dinners
- Experiencing the comforts of Topas Riverside Lodge, a place only reached on foot
- Swimming in Topas Ecolodge’s double infinity pools
This tour is perfect for
- Enjoying the outdoors even when short on time
- Experiencing Vietnamese hospitality
- Cultural immersion and authentic encounters
- Families with children of all ages, however, some activities listed are recommended for active children at least 9 years old. Please speak with your travel designer about potential modifications to this proposed itinerary
Day 1: Hanoi – Nam Cang Village – Topas Riverside Lodge
Day 2: Topas Riverside Lodge
Day 3: Topas Riverside Lodge - Topas Ecolodge – Hanoi
Day 1: Into the Wild | Hanoi – Nam Cang Village – Topas Riverside Lodge
Head for the mountains aboard the comfortable Topas Mountain Express, a plush minivan outfitted with snacks and water, for the 4.5-hour journey from Hanoi to Topas Riverside Lodge. Arrive just in time to enjoy a local lunch prepared by the resident family.
In the afternoon, join the tour group and visit the attached village of the Dzao, famous for their exquisite embroidery and botanical knowledge. Peer in on silver jewelers and families creating paper from rice for spiritual reasons and if you’re brave enough, jump into the refreshing waters of the river running next to Topas Riverside Lodge.
Dinner is served in the communal style associated with Vietnamese families, all at once and among friends. If you’re a bit sore from the car ride, sample a traditional herbal bath made by a local Dzao specialist (additional surcharge), famous for its medicinal and therapeutic qualities.
Pick-up in Hanoi is available from Nhà Hát Lớn at 7:45, Highland Cafe Vinmart Ciputra at 8:15 or Noi Bai Domestic Terminal at 8:45 every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
Included meals: Lunch, Dinner
Distance and Activities: 4.5h drive – 3km village walk
Day 2: Deep in the Jungle | Topas Riverside Lodge
Discover the most remote corners of Sapa Valley on an upstream hike this morning. See where the villagers plant cardamom along with other herbs and spices that can fetch a good price in the local markets at the foot of Hoang Lien Mountains before meeting the river where it forms a picturesque waterfall under a suspended bridge. Dip your toes in or go for a swim as your BBQ lunch is set up, complete with fresh trout and a variety of vegetables and jungle herbs.
Return to Topas Riverside Lodge after lunch, with the day at leisure to soak up the wild ambiance with a hot cup of fresh lemongrass and ginger tea or a mug of traditional Vietnamese coffee on the wrap-around outdoor patio. Or, play in the river with local families looking to beat the heat!
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Distance and Activities: 8km Jungle Hike
Day 3: A Day in the Clouds | Topas Riverside Lodge – Topas Ecolodge– Hanoi
Wake up to the sounds of nature and enjoy a final breakfast cooked by the Topas Riverside Lodge staff. Then, say good-bye and head up the mountain on a 45’ transfer to the certified unique lodge by National Geographic, Topas Ecolodge.
The day is yours at leisure until a 14:15 departure for Hanoi via the Topas Mountain Express. Sunbathe and splash in the two infinity pools, sample delicious cuisine at the restaurant, breathe in the fresh mountain air from your bungalow’s patio, or indulge in some locally-inspired treatments at the wonderful spa on site.
Drop-off in Hanoi is available to Noi Bai Domestic Airport at 19:00, Highland Cafe Vinmart Ciputra at 19:30, or Nhà Hát Lớn at 20:00
Included meals: Breakfast
Distance and Activities: 45′ transfer – 5h drive
- Prices are quoted in Vietnamese Dong and valid until 31st October 2020
- Exchange rate applied at VND 23,200. to USD 1
- Prices calculated with Value Added Tax
- Surcharge may be applicable during peak season and public holidays
- Return join-in Mountain Express Limousine between Hanoi, Topas Riverside Lodge, and Topas Ecolodge
- All accommodation indicated as twin-shared room (Single supplement applied for those traveling alone or wishing to have private room)
- All meals as indicated in the program
- All entrance tickets to local villages and Hoang Lien National Park
- Refillable water in vans (Please check with your guide or driver)
- 1 x English/Vietnamese speaking local tour guide on days with activities (not transfers)
- Day-Pass to Topas Ecolodge for use of facilities
- Government VAT
- Drinks and alcohol
- Herbal baths at the lodge
- Optional tours not listed in the itinerary
- Vietnam visa (On request with additional charge)
- Travel insurance (Compulsory with Topas Travel programs)
- Upgrades to higher standard rooms or single supplements
- Personal travel items (Please visit our Vietnam weather page for more information)
Looking for something else? We have many other packages for you to consider, whether you like to hike, bike, learn about ethnic minority cultures, take photos, or relax at Topas Ecolodge.