Topas Riverside Retreat
3 Days, 2 Nights at Topas Riverside Lodge
Get back to basics and immerse yourself in the enchanting culture of northern Vietnam on this 3-day wellness retreat filled with yoga, cultural encounters, and an organic, plant-based menu. Gaze at the lush jungles of Hoang Lien National Park, nourishing your soul with a communal vibe full of simplicity, warmth, and love as you treat yourself to some much-needed self-care.
Join-in retreat price: 6,500,000 VND/person
Trip Type: Wellness | Yoga Level: Beginners Welcome | Service Level: Standard
Dates: September 11th - 13th, 2020
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Hanoi – Nam Cang Village – Topas Riverside Lodge
Day 2: Topas Riverside Lodge
Day 3: Topas Riverside Lodge – Topas Ecolodge – Hanoi
Day 1: Red Dzao Discovery
Hanoi - Nam Cang Village - Topas Riverside Lodge
Head for the wild jungles of Sapa aboard a comfortable bus outfitted with snacks and water for the 5-hour journey from Hanoi to Nam Cang Village. A short walk through village streets and across a wooden suspension bridge brings you to Topas Riverside Lodge, just in time to enjoy a fresh, local farm-to-table vegan lunch.
In the afternoon, visit Nam Cang Village to learn about the Red Dzao community, famous for their exquisite embroidery and botanical knowledge. Peer in on silversmiths and families creating paper from bamboo for spiritual reasons and learn about the use of herbs in local medicinal treatments.
Return to the lodge and participate in a 1-hour gentle yoga session before joining dinner, served in the communal style associated with Vietnamese families, all at once and among friends. Afterwards, if you’re not too tired, join the evening gathering for some ice-breakers and open discussion to get to know the members of the group a little bit better.
Distance: 5h drive
Activities: 2h village tour – 1h gentle yoga session – circle time
Day 2: Deep in the Jungle
Topas Riverside Lodge
Start the morning with a 1-hour mindful Vinyasa before tucking in to a healthy breakfast. Then, leave the comforts of Topas Riverside Lodge for a gentle hike on the wild side in the jungles of northern Vietnam.
Walk through lush green foliage framing picturesque views of rice paddies and mountains in the distance. Stop for a BBQ lunch complete with freshly smoked tofu, vegetables and jungle herbs along the riverside with full view of a rushing waterfall. Once you’ve eaten enough, return to the Riverside Lodge with ample time to journal or read a book while enjoying coffees and herbal teas on the open-air river patio. Don’t forget to check out the all-day juice and smoothie bar!
In the afternoon, continue to relax or attend the healthy juice demonstration in the kitchen. Otherwise, book an optional activity such as joining a Red Dzao specialist to learn how to forage and distinguish between some of the most important herbs used for medicinal purposes, followed by a traditional herbal bath at the on-site bathhouse.
As the golden hour hits the patio, join a 45-minute yin yoga class followed by another healthy, home-cooked dinner.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Activities: 1h Mindful Vinyasa – 7km jungle hike – 45’ Yin Yoga
Day 3: In the Clouds
Topas Riverside Lodge - Nam Cang Village - Topas Ecolodge - Hanoi
Wake up to the sounds of the jungle in your cozy bed before shuffling outside for a morning 45-minute gentle flow session. Satisfy your hunger with a delicious breakfast before saying good-bye and departing Topas Riverside Lodge for Topas Ecolodge, a certified unique lodge by National Geographic, a 45-minute drive away. Pause for some photos in the lush rice terraces found between the two properties before arriving up in the clouds surrounding Topas Ecolodge.
Indulge in a day of leisure, taking advantage of the stylish stilt house restaurant, the outdoor mountain-facing terraces, indulgent spa treatments created from a fusion of local knowledge and international techniques, and the magnificent infinity pools that overlook the jaw-dropping landscape until a mid-afternoon departure for Hanoi.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Distance: 45’ shuttle – 5h transfer
Activities: 45’ gentle flow class
- 2-way private A/C bus between Hanoi and Topas Riverside Lodge
- 2-night accommodation in twin-shared room at Topas Riverside Lodge
- Single supplement available at 1,400,000 VND/person
- In the event of odd-number of participants, compulsory single supplement will be applied at 1,400,000 VND/person
- All meals as indicated in the program
- Free flow of juices and smoothies on Day 2 ; 1 juice/smoothie on Day 1 and 3
- Unlimited access to drinking water during transportation, activities, and at the lodge (please bring your own water bottle)
- 1 x English/Vietnamese speaking local tour guide on days with activities
- 1 internationally certified English speaking Yoga instructor
- All entrance tickets to local villages and Hoang Lien National Park
- Day pass to Topas Ecolodge
- Drinks other than water and alcohol
- Yoga mat (please bring your own)
- Additional activities such as herbal baths, spa treatments, and Red Dzao herb tours
- Travel insurance (Compulsory with Topas Travel programs)
- Personal travel items
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum of 8 participants needed for trip to depart
- Cancellations made 30 – 15 days prior to arrival date will be charged 50% of the total amount;
- Cancellations made 14 – 7 days prior to arrival date will be charged 70 % of the total amount;
- Cancellations made within 6 days prior to arrival date or no show will be charged 100 % of the total amount.
- Prices are quoted per person in VND and include government VAT
- Rates are valid until December 31st, 2020 excluding public holiday periods and weekend surcharges