Two Lodges Run Retreat
3 day 2 night Sapa retreat at Topas Riverside Lodge and Topas Ecolodge
Led by professional Topas trail running guides, this runner’s retreat includes guided runs on stunning trails combined with unforgettable stays at our two Sapa hideaways. Want to bring the whole family along but they aren’t runners? That’s fine too – they can chill at the lodges as you hit the trail!
Join-in retreat price:
Trip Type: Active | Trail Level: Challenging | Service Level: Standard
Group Dates: To Be Announced
Private Tours: Available on Request
Day 1: Topas Ecolodge Awaits
Hanoi - Topas Ecolodge
All aboard the adventure express! Hop on to our comfortable bus as we whisk you away on a 5-hour journey after lunch to Topas Ecolodge’s remote hilltop surrounded by outstanding mountain views.
Upon arrival to the lofty peaks, quickly check-in to your bungalow before making your way down to the Stilt House Restaurant to meet other runners and sit down for a nourishing welcome dinner from our delicious a-la-carte menu.
Running Distance: N/A
Included Meals: Dinner
Overnight: Topas Ecolodge
Day 2: Rise - Run - Rest
Topas Ecolodge - Topas Riverside Lodge
Wake up and enjoy the mountain vistas surrounding your bungalow as a nutritious breakfast is delivered to your bungalow. Once you’re ready, begin preparation for today’s guided run through ethnic minority villages and magnificent natural settings to Topas Riverside Lodge, our wild riverside jungle property.
The route starts on the same section as the famous VMM 100KM route, with a gentle descent to a nearby valley and then Thanh Phu Village. Cross rice terraces and corn fields, waving to members of the Red Dzao ethnic minority as your feet hit the trail. Stop for a breather in Nam Nhiu village, filling up your water bottle and replenishing your energy with some light snacks before continuing towards Nam Cang Village, one of the the most remote villages in Sapa and the end of the run.
Check in to your cozy room and have a refreshing shower, followed by a welcome lunch inspired by the region’s specialty produce, herbs and spices. The afternoon is yours to do as you please, soaking your muscles in a Red Dzao herbal bath, having a tea on the riverside patio, or perhaps going for a swim in the two natural river pools by the lodge.
Running distance: 17 km
Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks
Overnight: Topas Riverside Lodge
Note: If you have non-runners on the trip with you, they can go directly to Topas Riverside Lodge by shuttle bus to wait and cheer you on!
Day 3: The Secret Valley
Topas Riverside Lodge - Nam Pa Valley - Hanoi
Let the sounds of the rushing river act as an alarm clock this morning and gear up for a recovery run after eating a light breakfast in the lodge’s beautiful dining room with river views.
Your guide will take you on a small path leading up a nearby mountain side towards the hidden valley of Nam Pa. Along the way, breathe in the fresh air and enjoy the majestic views of high peaks and bamboo forests. You’ll then reach the idyllic Nam Pa River and the location of our wooden dining hut, right in the middle of scenic rice paddies. This is a unique spot to refill your water and have a few snacks before further exploring the jungle on a small loop.
Enjoy lunch back at our hut, take some time to dip your feet in the river, and then return afterwards to Topas Riverside Lodge for a quick shower and to pack up your things. Your driver will transfer you back to Hanoi after an eventful 3 days of awesome mountain running!
Running distance: 9km
Included Meals: Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch
Note: If you have non-runners on the trip with you, they can go directly to the BBQ hut on an easy guided walk (2-hours round trip) to join you for lunch!
3D/2N Sapa Running Tour Details
- Round-trip private A/C transport between Hanoi and Topas properties
- 1-night premium executive bungalow stay (shared) at Topas Ecolodge
- 1-night standard room stay (shared) at Topas Riverside Lodge
- 2 guided runs with local guide
- A-la-carte dinner credit at Topas Ecolodge on Day 1
- Set menu meals at Topas Riverside on Days 2 + 3
- Water and snacks during run (bring your own bottle)
- All entrance tickets and tour permits to local villages and Hoang Lien National Park
- 1 complimentary herbal bath at Topas Riverside Lodge
- Alcoholic beverages, sodas, and juices
- Personal travel items
- Personal Insurance
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum of 6 runners needed for trip to depart
- Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations made 30 – 15 days prior to arrival date will be charged 50% of the total amount;
- Cancellations made 14 – 7 days prior to arrival date will be charged 70 % of the total amount;
- Cancellations made within 6 days prior to arrival date or no show will be charged 100 % of the total amount.
- Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of travel insurance with adequate protection for the full duration of the retreat.