Ultimate Sapa Retreat
3 days & 2 nights at Topas Ecolodge & Topas Riverside Lodge
Run away with us to the mountains and experience the best that northern Vietnam has to offer on this 3-day itinerary. Trek through the mountains, jungles, and ethnic minority tribes of remote Hoang Lien National Park outside of Sapa and enjoy two very different kinds of accommodations—the boutique homestay-inspired Topas Riverside Lodge and the acclaimed luxurious Topas Ecolodge, a certified unique lodge by National Geographic.
Join-in tour price: 5,000,000 VND (218 USD) per person
Trip Type: Culture | Activity Level: Easy | Service Level: Standard
Departs every day!
- Trekking through terraced rice fields, mountains and jungles deep in northern Vietnam
- Meeting ethnic minorities in remote villages rarely seen by tourists
- Sampling traditional Vietnamese dishes during family-style dinners
- Swimming in Topas Ecolodge’s two stunning mountain-view infinity pools
This tour is perfect for
- Enjoying the outdoors even when short on time
- Experiencing Vietnamese hospitality through homestays
- Cultural immersion and authentic encounters
- Families with children of all ages, however, some activities listed are recommended for active children at least 9 years old. Please speak with your travel designer about potential modifications to this proposed itinerary
Itinerary at a glance
Day 1: Hanoi – Nam Cang Village – Topas Riverside Lodge
Day 2: Topas Riverside Lodge – Topas Ecolodge
Day 3: Topas Ecolodge – Hanoi
Day 1: Into the Wild | Hanoi – Nam Cang Village – Topas Riverside Lodge
After an early morning breakfast, sit back and relax aboard the Topas Mountain Express (TME), a plush minivan outfitted with snacks, water, and Wi-Fi that covers the 4.5-hour journey from Hanoi to Thanh Phu Bridge. Then, disembark from the TME and board a shuttle bus for the final 30-minute drive to Nam Cang Village. A short stroll through the quiet village ends in an adventurous crossing of a wooden suspension bridge to Topas Riverside Lodge, just in time for lunch.
In the afternoon, visit the attached village of the Dzao, famous for their exquisite embroidery and botanical knowledge. Peer in on silver jewelers and families creating paper from rice for spiritual reasons and if you’re brave enough, jump into the refreshing waters of the river running next to Topas Riverside Lodge.
Dinner is served in the communal style associated with Vietnamese families, all at once and among friends on the open-air riverside patio. If you’re a bit sore from the activities of the day, sample a traditional herbal bath in the bath house, made by a local Dzao specialist, famous for its medicinal and therapeutic qualities.
Pick-up in Hanoi is available from Hanoi Opera House at 7:45, Highland Cafe Vinmart (Phú Thượng, Tây Hồ) at 8:15 or Noi Bai Domestic Terminal at 8:45 every day
Included meals: Lunch, Dinner
Distance and Activities: 5h drive – 3km village walk
Day 2: Up to the Mountains | Topas Riverside Lodge – Topas Ecolodge
Discover the most remote corners of Sapa Valley on an upstream hike this morning. See where the villagers plant cardamom along with other herbs and spices that can fetch a good price in the local markets at the foot of Hoang Lien Mountains before meeting the river where it forms a picturesque waterfall under a suspended bridge. Return to Topas Riverside Lodge for a delicious lunch before saying good-bye to the jungle and departing for the world-renowned Topas Ecolodge, a certified lodge by National Geographic.
Check-in to your bungalow with a warm cup of lemongrass and ginger tea, taking in the out-of-this-world views.
Included meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Distance and Activities: 8km jungle hike, 45′ transfer
Day 3: In the Clouds | Topas Ecolodge – Hanoi
The day is yours at leisure until a mid-afternoon departure for Hanoi via the TME. Sunbathe and splash in the two infinity pools, sample delicious cuisine at the restaurant, breathe in the fresh mountain air from your bungalow’s patio, or indulge in some locally-inspired treatments at the wonderful spa on site.
Depart the Ecolodge at 14:15, refreshed and rejuvenated from your time spent in nature.
Drop-off in Hanoi is available to Noi Bai Domestic Airport at 19:00, Ciputra Main Entrance at 19:30, or Hanoi Opera House at 20:00
Included Meals: Breakfast
Distance and Activities: 5h transfer
- Drinks and alcohol
- Vietnam visa (On request with additional charge)
- Travel insurance (Compulsory with Topas Travel programs)
- Upgrades to higher standard rooms or single supplements
- Personal travel items (Please visit our Vietnam weather page for more information)
- Additional tours not mentioned here, spa treatments, and herbal baths
- Prices are quoted in VND and valid until Sep 30th, 2020
- Exchange rate applied at VND 23,200. to 1 USD
- Prices calculated with Value Added Tax
- Surcharge of 400,000 VND/person on weekend (Friday – Sunday) and public holiday stays at Topas Ecolodge
- If the lodges are closed or travel bans/restrictions apply, booking date can be amended and/or transferred to another person for use with written confirmation from Topas Riverside Lodge
- Promotional Rate is non-refundable; however, booking date may be amended one time free of charge 14 days prior to check-in
- Changing the date a second time will incur a 1,000,000 VND fee/booking
Your adventure starts with only the click of a button...
Rates and Special Offers
Looking for something else? We have many other packages for you to consider, whether you like to hike, bike, learn about ethnic minority cultures, take photos, or relax at Topas Ecolodge.