Day-hike through rice terraces to different ethnic minority communities
Dive into the exquisite culture of northern Vietnam and meet Red Dzao and Blue H’mong communities on this pleasant 12 – 14 km hike through rolling farmlands and iconic rice terraces. The best of cultural engagement and nature combined!
From 2 people: 890,000 VND. / person
Trip Type: Active | Activity Level: Moderate | Service Level: Standard
Product code: SRV4
- Hiking through the iconic terraced rice fields of northern Vietnam
- Meeting members of the Red Dzao and Blue H’mong tribes
- Supporting sustainable tourism initiatives
This tour is perfect for
- Dusting off those old hiking shoes and getting back into nature
- Cultural encounters
- Families with children of all ages, couples, and groups of friends
Topas Riverside Lodge - Nam Cang Village - Nam Than 1 - Nam Nhiu Village - Topas Riverside Lodge
The hike takes you through some of the most picturesque rice terraces in all of Vietnam, down dirt trails dotted with bamboo huts used by local farmers as a temporary lodge during the planting and harvest seasons.
Leave Topas Riverside Lodge and walk down Nam Cang’s streets, observing the Red Dzao women completing their sewing outside and kids leaving for school. Shortly, the road will start its incline as the H’mong are known for building their villages at the top of mountains. As the climb gets steeper you will see the rolling farmlands of rice, corn, and wheat below your feet. Stop at a Blue H’mong home and learn about their daily life in regards to farming, hunting, dying hemp, and batik design.
Then, continue on to Nam Nhiu village where you will quickly recognize the attributes of the Red Dzao which you have seen in Nam Cang, with beautifully embroidered outfits, red handkerchiefs, and shaved eyebrows. You’ll also see how the houses have changed from mountain huts to large wooden dwellings as you sit down for lunch with a local family.
End the trek passing cornfields and more rice terraces as you return to Nam Cang Village and back home to Topas Riverside Lodge to relax.
Included Meals: Lunch
Distance and Activities: 12 – 14 km rice terrace hike
- All entrance tickets and tour fees to local villages and Hoang Lien National Park
- 1 x bilingual (ENG and VN) speaking local tour guide
- Lunch at Nam Nhiu Village
- Government Value Added Tax
- Drinks other than water
- Personal travel items (Please visit our Vietnam weather page for more information)
- Prices are quoted in Vietnamese Dong and valid until Dec 31st, 2020
- Price based on minimum group size of 2 people, supplement applied for solo traveler
- Prices calculated with Value Added Tax
Your adventure starts with only the click of a button...
Rates and Special Offers
Looking for something else? We have many other packages for you to consider, whether you like to hike, bike, learn about ethnic minority cultures, take photos, or relax at Topas Ecolodge.