Nam Cang Jungle Break
2 days, 1 night at Topas Riverside Lodge
Short on time but want to experience the impressive landscape of northern Vietnam? This action-packed adventure takes you deep into the mountains of Hoang Lien National Park outside of Sapa, filling the day with treks through mountains, jungles, and remote ethnic minority villages and a wonderful night with home-cooked, delicious Vietnamese family meals at our homestyle-inspired Topas Riverside Lodge.
Trip Type: Culture | Activity Level: Easy | Service Level: Standard
Departs every day!
Product code: SNH2
- Trekking through jungles deep in northern Vietnam
- Meeting ethnic minorities in remote villages rarely seen by tourists
- Sampling traditional Vietnamese dishes during family-style dinners
This tour is perfect for
- Enjoying the outdoors even when short on time
- Experiencing Vietnamese hospitality through accommodation and cuisine
- Families with children of all ages, however, some activities listed are recommended for active children at least 9 years old. Please speak with your travel designer about potential modifications to this proposed itinerary
Day 1: Hanoi – Nam Cang Village – Topas Riverside Lodge
Day 2: Topas Riverside Lodge – Nam Cang Village – Hanoi
Day 1: Into the Wild | Hanoi – Nam Cang Village – Topas Riverside Lodge
After an early morning breakfast, sit back and relax aboard the Topas Mountain Express (TME), a plush minivan outfitted with snacks, water, and Wi-Fi that covers the 4.5-hour journey from Hanoi to Thanh Phu Bridge. Then, disembark from the TME and board a shuttle bus for the final 30-minute drive to Nam Cang Village. A short stroll through the quiet village ends in an adventurous crossing of a wooden suspension bridge to Topas Riverside Lodge, just in time for lunch.
In the afternoon, join the tour group and visit the attached village of the Dzao, famous for their exquisite embroidery and botanical knowledge. Peer in on silver jewelers and families creating paper from rice for spiritual reasons and if you’re brave enough, jump into the refreshing waters of the river running next to Topas Riverside Lodge.
Dinner is served in the communal style associated with Vietnamese families, all at once and among friends. If you’re a bit sore from the car ride, sample a traditional herbal bath made by a local Dzao specialist (additional surcharge), famous for its medicinal and therapeutic qualities.
Pick-up in Hanoi is available from hotels in the Old Quarter or Tayho from 6:45 – 7:15 or Noi Bai Domestic Terminal at 7:45 – 8:15 every day
Included Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Distance and Activities: 5h drive – 3km village walk
Day 2: Deep in the Jungle | Topas Riverside – Nam Cang Village – Hanoi
Discover the most remote corners of Sapa Valley on an upstream hike this morning. See where the villagers plant cardamom along with other herbs and spices that can fetch a good price in the local markets at the foot of Hoang Lien Mountains before meeting the river where it forms a picturesque waterfall under a suspended bridge. Dip your toes in or go for a swim as your BBQ lunch is set up, complete with fresh trout and a variety of vegetables and jungle herbs.
Return to the lodge for a quick shower before saying good-bye and catching the 30-minute shuttle to Thanh Phu Bridge. Then, hop into the TME for the remaining 4.5-hour journey back to Hanoi, refreshed after spending some time in nature.
Drop-off in Hanoi is available to Noi Bai Domestic Airport at 19:00 – 19:30 or Hanoi hotels in Hoan Kiem/Tay Ho districts from 19:30 – 20:00.
Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Distance and Activities: 8km Jungle Hike – 5h drive
- Return join-in Mountain Express Limousine between Hanoi and Topas Riverside Lodge
- All accommodation indicated as twin-shared standard room
- All meals as indicated in the program
- All entrance tickets to local villages and Hoang Lien National Park
- Refillable water in vans (Please check with your guide or driver)
- 1 x English/Vietnamese speaking local tour guide on days with activities (not transfers)
- Government Value Added Tax
- Drinks and alcohol
- Upgrades to higher standard rooms or single supplements
- Personal travel items
- Herbal baths at the lodge or additional tours not listed
- Day passes to Topas Ecolodge
Your adventure starts with only the click of a button...
Rates and Offers
Looking for something else? We have many other packages for you to consider, whether you like to hike, bike, learn about ethnic minority cultures, take photos, or relax at Topas Ecolodge.