Nam Cang Jungle Break
2 days, 1 night at Topas Riverside Lodge
Go beyond and visit the colorful minority groups of Sapa, on a cultural tour with guided village walks and overnight stay in a “hidden” minority village in the most remote part of Sapa Valley, close to the jungle and river.
Your 5 hours journey from Hanoi to Topas Riverside Lodge is by Topas Mountain Express, an 8 seats limousine with modern interior design, spacious and soft seats. Well arrived you soon note the big differences from the busy Hanoi to the beautiful countryside.
Reference: SNG2 | Activity: Mountain Getaway | Grade: Easy
Duration: 2 days 1 night – it’s possible to extend with one or more nights.
- Trekking through jungles deep in northern Vietnam
- Meeting ethnic minorities in remote villages rarely seen by tourists
- Sampling traditional Vietnamese dishes during family-style dinners
This tour is perfect for
- Enjoying the outdoors even when short on time
- Experiencing Vietnamese hospitality through accommodation and cuisine
- Families with children of all ages, however, some activities listed are recommended for active children at least 9 years old. Please speak with your travel designer about potential modifications to this proposed itinerary
Day 1: By Topas Mountain Express to the mountains. Local Red Dao village walk in Nam Cang.
Day 2: Relax in the most pure nature. Transfer by Topas Mountain Express to Hanoi.
Day 1: From Red River Delta to the remote Topas Riverside Lodge (-,L,-)
From 6:30 – 7:00 AM, the Topas Mountain Express will pick you up at your Hanoi hotel before departing for a nearly 5 hours transfer to Thanh Phu Bridge, followed by another short transfer to Nam Cang village. Well arrived you will walk through the village, cross a private bridge and check into your private room in the comfortable Topas Riverside Lodge. Your lunch is served at the lodge.
The afternoon is perfect for visiting the Red Dao minority village. Nam Cang locates in the most remote area of Sapa and the Red Dao women wear some of the most colorful and diverse costumes of all Vietnam’s ethnic groups. Herbal bath, plant medicine and embroidery are some of the things that the Red Dao are very skilled at. Accompanied by your guide, you will explore around the village and learn how the local villagers make writing paper from rice, silver jewelry or embroidery.
Back at the lodge, it is a great time for a cold beer or just refresh in the river in front of the lodge.
Enjoy the evening in the mountain with a warm atmosphere at the lodge.
Approx: Grade: Easy/ 2 hours walking.
Add on: Join a local woman and pick your own mixture of herbs and spend the evening in a special traditional bath,
based on your blend. The herbal bath and tour must be pre-booked and paid by your own.
Day 2: Jungle & waterfall hike with BBQ lunch. Back to the city life of Hanoi (B,L,-)
The hike will depart from Topas Riverside Lodge, heading through the quiet lanes of Nam Cang village. You will soon be rewarded with views of rice terraces, cassava and cinnamon fields. Continue hiking uphill while enjoying views of the beautiful deep valley behind you. Soon you’ll start trekking along a jungle path thick with huge trees, bamboo, and lush plants and herbs used by the Red Dao for their medicine and herbal treatments. After some time, you’ll reach a pretty stream and waterfall where you can swim in the natural pool or just cool down by dipping your feet in the water. Across a suspension bridge, another cool waterfall cascades down from the mountains – the perfect spot to rest and take in the beauty of nature.
Refreshed and invigorated, you’ll start the hike back to Topas Riverside Lodge. Here a delicious BBQ lunch will be served in the lodge garden by a local Red Dzao lady. Smoked Nam Cang salmon or sturgeon, vegetables, tofu and beef with mushrooms will be served straight from the grill on a bed of freshly picked herbs. Take your time to enjoy the BBQ feast before relaxing on the riverbank in front of the lodge or booking a special footbath to soothe your muscles and increase blood circulation (with additional fee and must be booked in advance). At 14:15, you will have a transfer to the Thanh Phu Bridge, where Topas Mountain Express departs at 15:00 and return to your hotel in Hanoi.
Approx: Grade: Moderate/ 3 hours walking.
– Topas Mountain Express can only pick up and return passengers at hotels/ residence in Hanoi’s Old Quarter and Tay Ho Area.
– Transfer and excursions are based on sharing basis
– Topas Riverside Lodge is tucked away in the heart of the mountains, amidst bustling rivers and verdant green forest within a traditional minority village, so the location is quite remote and there are no real dining options surrounding the lodge. Because of this, we offer our guests delicious dining opportunities at discounted rates when booking ahead of time. We pride ourselves in our seasonal, Sapa inspired cuisine which offers daily set menus showcasing some of the amazing, fresh local produce. We also cater to most dietary needs if given enough notice. You may add a full meal package to your stay for only: US$11/person for lunch and US$13/person for dinner, including taxes and service charge.
- English speaking guide during excursions
- 1 night at Topas Riverside Lodge (twin shared Standard room)
- 1 breakfast, 2 lunches (B = breakfast, L = lunch)
- Transfer by Topas Mountain Express: Hanoi – Thanh Phu Bridge – Hanoi (SIC)
- Transfer by shuttle bus Thanh Phu Bridge – Nam Cang village – Thanh Phu Bridge
- Entrance fees and permits
- Drinks and alcohol
- Upgrades to higher standard rooms or single supplements
- Personal travel items
- Herbal baths at the lodge or additional tours not listed
- Day passes to Topas Ecolodge
If you would like to extend your stay at Topas Riverside Lodge or Topas Ecolodge, please request this when booking.
Your adventure starts with only the click of a button...
Rates and Offers
Looking for something else? We have many other packages for you to consider, whether you like to hike, bike, learn about ethnic minority cultures, take photos, or relax at Topas Ecolodge.