Topas Riverside Run Retreat
3 day 2 night private Sapa run package at Topas Riverside Lodge
Nestled among the towering mountains and deep valleys of northern Vietnam, Topas Riverside Lodge’s rustic setting gives the perfect opportunity to run along mountainside trails and glistening rice terraces, all while exploring rural ethnic minority villages and experiencing our warm hospitality.
Trip Type: Active | Trail Level: Moderate | Service Level: Standard
Day 1: Call of the Wild
Hanoi - Topas Riverside Lodge
Head for the wild jungles of Sapa aboard our comfortable Topas Mountain Express outfitted with Wi-Fi, snacks, and water for the 4.5-hour journey from Hanoi to Thanh Phu Bridge, then continue a quick 30 minutes more by shuttle bus to Nam Cang Village. Wander through the village streets until you reach a wooden suspension bridge, the only thing which separates you from your fresh, local farm-to-table lunch at Topas Riverside Lodge.
Check into your cozy room and then spend the afternoon at leisure. Would you rather take a walk or run along the riverside; read a book on our terrace; or wander through Nam Cang Village? Whatever the case, don’t forget to reserve a time for your complimentary traditional Red Dzao herbal bath, either for today or tomorrow!
Running Distance: N/A
Included Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Overnight: Topas Riverside Lodge
Day 2: The "Run"cation Begins
Topas Riverside Lodge trails
Wake up to the sounds of the river and start your morning with a light breakfast in the beautiful dining space as you prepare to depart Topas Riverside Lodge for a thrilling run through a variety of different ethnic minority villages.
The trail starts with a steep ascent to a small Blue H’mong village and then heads down to the Red Dzao village of Nam Nhiu, renowned for its unbelievable views of mountains, rice terraces, and valleys. Fill up your water bottle and grab a couple of snacks before continuing on the trail as it cuts through a rice valley dotted with bamboo huts used by farmers during the harvest season.
Return to Topas Riverside Lodge just in time for a hearty lunch inspired by the region’s specialty produce, herbs and spices. The afternoon is yours to do as you please, perhaps going for a swim in the two natural river pools outside of the lodge or grabbing a complimentary bicycle to explore more?
Running distance: 13 km
Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks
Overnight: Topas Riverside Lodge
Note: If you have non-runners on the trip with you, there are many activities they can join while you hit the trails! See some of our favorite on-site experiences here.
Day 3: The Secret Valley
Topas Riverside Lodge - Nam Pa Valley - Hanoi
Gear up for a recovery run today after eating a light breakfast on the river deck. Your guide will take you on a single path leading up a nearby mountain side towards the hidden valley of Nam Pa. Along the way, breathe in the fresh air and enjoy the majestic views of high peaks and bamboo forests.
You’ll then reach the idyllic Nam Pa River and the location of our wooden dining hut, right in the middle of scenic rice paddies. This is a unique spot to refill your water and have a few snacks before further exploring the jungle on a small loop.
Enjoy lunch back at our hut, taking some time to dip your feet in the river, returning afterwards to Topas Riverside Lodge for a quick shower and to pack up your things. Your shuttle bus will depart at 14:15 to Thanh Phu to meet the Topas Mountain Express which carries you back to Hanoi.
Running distance: 9km
Included Meals: Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch
Note: If you have non-runners on the trip with you, they can go directly to the BBQ hut on an easy guided walk (2-hours round trip) to join you for lunch!
3D/2N Topas Riverside Run
- Round-trip join-in A/C transport between Hanoi and Topas Riverside Lodge
- 2-night standard room stay (shared) at Topas Riverside Lodge
- 2 guided runs with local guide
- All meals as indicated in the program
- Water and snacks during run (bring your own bottle)
- All entrance tickets and tour permits to local villages and Hoang Lien National Park
- 1 30′ complimentary herbal bath
- Alcoholic beverages, sodas, and juices
- Personal travel items
- Personal Insurance
Terms and Conditions
- Prices are quoted per person in VND and include government VAT
- Booking is non-refundable; however, the booking date may be amended one time free of charge 14 days prior to check-in
- In the event of trip cancellation due to Covid-19, we offer a credit valid until end of 2021 to rebook any other running package or services operated by Topas
- Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of travel insurance with adequate protection for the full duration of the program
- Pick-up destinations and times are as follows
- From Hanoi’s Old Quarter or Tay Ho Districts – 6:45 – 7:00 am
- From Noi Bai Airport – your flight must arrive by 8:00 am to join this program