Sapa's Hiking Trails by Topas
3 days and 2 nights at Topas Riverside Lodge
Lace up your hiking boots and hit the trails with Topas on this 3-day adventure through the most remote corners of Sapa. This is the quintessential way to learn about northern Vietnam’s diverse minority cultures while experiencing the stunning natural scenery surrounding Topas Riverside Lodge.
Price: Please Enquire
Trip Type: Active | Activity Level: Moderate | Service Level: Standard
Product Code: SNH3
- Hiking in a variety of Sapa’s most awe-inspiring landscapes
- Learning about Red Dzao specialties, such as embroidery and herbal medicine
- Enjoying home-cooked meals at Topas Riverside Lodge
This tour is perfect for
- Hiking enthusiasts and nature lovers
- Families with primary-school aged children and older
- Getting off the beaten tourist track and seeing a different side of Sapa
Day 1: Relax at the Riverside | Hanoi – Nam Cang Village – Topas Riverside Lodge
Head for the wild jungles of Sapa aboard the comfortable Topas Mountain Express, a plush minivan outfitted with snacks and water, for the five-hour journey from Hanoi starting between 6:30-7:30 to Topas Riverside Lodge. Arrive just in time to enjoy a deliciously prepared farm-to-table lunch along the riverside served by your hosts for the next few days.
In the afternoon, stop by the attached village of the Dzao, famous for their exquisite embroidery and botanical knowledge, before heading into the forests with a local specialist to try your hand at foraging for some of the most important herbs used in Dzao daily life.
Return to the lodge for a fresh trout hot pot as the sun goes down, perhaps treating yourself to a Bailey’s Coffee as the sounds of the river lull you to a peaceful ending to your first day in the jungle.
Included Meals: No
Activities: 5h transfer – 1h Red Dzao discovery tour
Day 2: Surrounded by Rice Terraces | Nam Cang Countryside Hiking
Wake up to the sounds of nature and pour a fresh cup of coffee to accompany your healthy breakfast this morning. Then, set off on the day’s trek through the stunning landscapes of Hoang Lien National Park. Stroll on the quiet road winding through Nam Cang Village and watch as the town becomes a spacious rice valley. A small trail leads you through rice terraces, corn fields, and babbling streams, and maybe even a few locals tending to their crops during the planting and harvest seasons.
Slowly, the hike grows steeper until your arrival at Nam Nhiu Village, inhabited by another Red Dzao ethnic minority tribe, where you’ll stop for a picnic lunch here and catch your breath.
Continuing on to Sin Chai, you’ll see mountains in the distance and the valley below before walking back to Topas Riverside Lodge. Pop into the natural rock pools and swim with the neighborhood children or venture to the bath house to try a Red Dzao herbal bath to soothe your weary muscles.
Included Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Activities: 9km hike
Day 3: Deep in the Jungle | Topas Riverside Lodge – Nam Cang Village – Hanoi
Discover the most remote corners of Sapa Valley on an upstream hike this morning. See where the villagers plant cardamom along with other herbs and spices that can fetch a good price in the local markets at the foot of Hoang Lien Mountains before meeting the river where it forms a picturesque waterfall under a suspended bridge.
Return to Topas Riverside Lodge to freshen up before an early afternoon departure back to Hanoi. Expect to arrive between 19:00-19:45 to Noi Bai Domestic Airport and 20:00-20:30 in Hanoi’s Tay Ho or Hoan Kiem Districts.
Included Meals: Breakfast
Activities: 8km hike – 5h transfer
- Return join-in Mountain Express Limousine between Hanoi and Topas Riverside Lodge
- All accommodation indicated as twin-shared room (Single supplement applied for those traveling alone or wishing to have private room)
- All meals as indicated in the program
- All entrance tickets to local villages and Hoang Lien National Park
- Refillable water in vans (Please check with your guide or driver)
- 1 x English/Vietnamese speaking local tour guide on days with activities (not transfers)
- Government VAT
- Drinks and alcohol
- Herbal baths at the lodge
- Hiking Gear
- Vietnam visa (On request with additional charge)
- Travel insurance
- Upgrade to single room
- All other personal travel items (Please visit our Vietnam weather page for more information)
- Prices are quoted in Vietnamese Dong
- Prices calculated with Value Added Tax
- Surcharge may be applicable during peak season and public holidays
Your adventure starts with only the click of a button...
Looking for something else? We have many other packages for you to consider, whether you like to hike, bike, learn about ethnic minority cultures, take photos, or relax at Topas Ecolodge.