Sapa Biking Tour
2 days and 1 night at Topas Riverside Lodge
You have never got a good chance as now to explore the deepest parts of Sapa valley on a bike. The roads are a combination of asphalted roads, gravel roads and dirt trails and the trip is a combination of cycling and culture exploring. You will enjoy the hospitality of the remote areas far away from the normal tourist routes and stay overnight at Topas Riverside Lodge located next to river and jungle.
Your journey from Hanoi to Sapa is by Topas Mountain Express an 8 seats limousine with modern interior design, spacious and soft seats. Thanks to a new road linking the highway to this remote area, you will arrive at Thanh Phu Bridge after 4.5 hours drive, from where you bike to Topas Riverside Lodge.
Price: Please Enquire
Reference: SNB2 | Activity: Mountain Biking | Grade: Moderate
Duration: 2 days 1 night – it’s possible to extend with one or more nights.
Day 1: Take Topas Mountain Express to Topas Riverside Lodge. Visit the Nam Cang village.
Day 2: Hiking day to explore the remote Red Dao and Blue H’mong villages.
Day 3: Pure nature walk and take Topas Mountain Express back to Hanoi.
Day 1: Get to the remote area and biking to Topas Riverside Lodge (-,L,-)
From 6:30 – 7:00 AM, the Topas Mountain Express will pick you up at your Hanoi hotel before departing for a nearly 4.5 hours transfer to Thanh Phu Bridge. Hereafter you take another short transfer uphill to the Tay village of Thanh Phu, where you enjoy lunch at a local stilt house.
The ride in the afternoon is short but slightly uphill. You are now in the remote area of Sapa. The area is dominated by the Red Dao minorities. Beautiful views of deep valleys, waterfalls and paddle rice fields are within your sight. In the midafternoon you will arrive at the Topas Riverside Lodge, which is perfectly located by the Nam Cang riverside. It is time to stretch your legs, swim or visit the village. Enjoy the evening in the mountain with a warm atmosphere at the lodge.
Approx: Grade: Easy/ 2 hours biking/ 9.3 km.
Add on: Join a local woman and pick your own mixture of herbs and spend the evening in a special traditional bath, based on your blend.
The herbal bath and tour must be pre-booked and paid by your own.
Day 2: Visit Blue H’mong village and explore hidden valleys on bikes (B,L,-)
You wake up in the fresh atmosphere of the remote village. Your breakfast is served on the Lodge’s terrace, just a few meters from the river.
Today you will explore other remote areas of Sapa. The ride will require lots of your concentration as it is mostly on hilly off-roads. Your first cycle uphill to Nam Than village, the only Blue H’mong community in Sapa. You are now deeper in the valley and you will soon visit the Red Dao minority village of Sin Chai. If it is a school day, you will be cheered by the small boys and girls with their eyes wide open.
You will enjoy your lunch at a nice spot on the way. In the early afternoon, you will arrive Thanh Phu Bridge, where you will meet the Topas Mountain Express and be transferred back to your hotel in Hanoi.
Approx: Grade: Moderate/ 4 hours biking/ 17.2 km
– Topas Mountain Express can only pick up and return passengers at hotels/residences in Hanoi’s Old Quarter and Tay Ho Area.
– Transfer and excursions are based on sharing basis
– Topas Riverside Lodge is tucked away in the heart of the mountains, amidst bustling rivers and verdant green forest within a traditional minority village, so the location is quite remote and there are no real dining options surrounding the lodge. Because of this, we offer our guests delicious dining opportunities at discounted rates when booking ahead of time. We pride ourselves in our seasonal, Sapa inspired cuisine which offers daily set menus showcasing some of the amazing, fresh local produce. We also cater to most dietary needs if given enough notice. You may add a full meal package to your stay for only: US$11/person for lunch and US$13/person for dinner, including taxes and service charges.
This package includes:
- English speaking guide during excursions
- 1 night at Topas Riverside Lodge (twin shared Standard room)
- 1 breakfast, 2 lunches (B = breakfast, L = lunch)
- Transfer by Topas Mountain Express: Hanoi – Thanh Phu Bridge – Hanoi (SIC)
- Transfer by shuttle bus Thanh Phu Bridge –Thanh Phu village
- High-quality mountain bikes, helmets and biking gloves
- Entrance fees and permits
If you would like to extend your stay at Topas Riverside Lodge or Topas Ecolodge, please request this when booking.
Your adventure starts with only the click of a button...
Rates and Special Offers
Looking for something else? Browse our current rates and special offers by clicking the button below!