Ultimate Sapa Retreat
3 days & 2 nights at Topas Ecolodge & Topas Riverside Lodge
This is the perfect way to explore the hidden parts of Sapa! Go beyond and visit the many colorful minority groups of Sapa, on a cultural tour with guided village walks and overnight stay in a Red Dao village and later in bungalows at the hilltop of Topas Ecolodge. Both accommodations are beautifully located outside Sapa town, deep in the tranquil mountains.
Your journey from Hanoi to Sapa is by the Topas Mountain Express an 8 seats limousine with a modern interior design, spacious and soft sets.
Reference: SNE3 | Activity: Mountain Getaway | Grade: Easy
Duration: 3 days 2 nights – it’s possible to extend with one or more nights.
Departs every day!
- Trekking through terraced rice fields, mountains and jungles deep in northern Vietnam
- Meeting ethnic minorities in remote villages rarely seen by tourists
- Sampling traditional Vietnamese dishes during family-style dinners
- Swimming in Topas Ecolodge’s two stunning mountain-view infinity pools
This tour is perfect for
- Enjoying the outdoors even when short on time
- Experiencing Vietnamese hospitality through homestays
- Cultural immersion and authentic encounters
- Families with children of all ages, however, some activities listed are recommended for active children at least 9 years old. Please speak with your travel designer about potential modifications to this proposed itinerary
Day 1: Hanoi – Nam Cang Village – Topas Riverside Lodge
Day 2: Topas Riverside Lodge – Topas Ecolodge
Day 3: Topas Ecolodge – Hanoi
Day 1: From Red River Delta to the remote Topas Riverside Lodge (-,L,-)
From 6:30 – 7:00 AM, the Topas Mountain Express will pick you up at your Hanoi hotel before departing for a nearly 5 hours transfer to Thanh Phu Bridge, followed by another short transfer to Nam Cang village. Well arrived you will walk through the village, cross a private bridge and check into your private room in the comfortable Topas Riverside Lodge. Your lunch is served at the lodge.
The afternoon is perfect for visiting the Red Dao minority village. Nam Cang locates in the most remote area of Sapa and the Red Dao women wear some of the most colorful and diverse costumes of all Vietnam’s ethnic groups. Herbal bath, plant medicine and embroidery are some of the things that the Red Dao are very skilled at. Accompanied by your guide, you will explore the village and learn how the local villagers make writing paper, silver jewelry or embroidery.
Back to Topas Riverside Lodge, you may want to take a swim in the river if the weather permits.
Approx: Grade: Easy/ 2 hours walking.
Add on: Join a local woman and pick your own mixture of herbs and spend the evening in a special traditional bath,
based on your blend. The herbal bath and tour must be pre-booked and paid by your own.
Day 2: Walk along the river and into the jungle. Transfer to Topas Ecolodge (B,L,-)
Make your way through the quiet streets of Nam Cang Village towards a dirt road framed by bamboo forests and views of the rice paddies in the valley below. Eventually, you’ll reach a narrow-paved road used by the locals to get around and make the gentle climb up and then down for around 1-hour through lush green jungles and glittering rice fields to our brand-new mountain hut for a sumptuous Sapa-inspired BBQ lunch.
Rest inside or take advantage of the stunning scenery to take photos while the BBQ is set up by a Red Dzao woman, resting your feet in the cool, rushing river, or crossing make-shift suspension bridges to explore further. Whatever the case, make sure to eat as much as you can of the wide array of freshly smoked trout, vegetables, tofu, mushrooms, and jungle herbs straight from the grill.
Once you’ve had enough to eat, make the return 1-hour walk back to Topas Riverside Lodge before saying good-bye to the jungle and departing for the world-renowned Topas Ecolodge at 14.15 by shuttle bus.
Check-in to your bungalow with a warm cup of lemongrass and ginger tea, taking in the out-of-this-world views.
Approx: Grade: Easy/ 2,5 – 3 hours walking.
Day 3: Back to the city life of Hanoi (B,-,-)
The morning is at your leisure at Topas Ecolodge. You can either relax or borrow high-quality mountain bikes from the lodge for an exploration of the surrounding area. You can also take a scheduled shuttle bus to Sapa to visit the town or book a half-day tour to explore the highest peak of Indochina, Mt. Fansipan (3.143m) by cable car or enjoy a treatment in the lodge’s hilltop spa.
At 14:30, Topas Mountain Express departs from Topas Ecolodge and returns to your hotel in Hanoi.
– Topas Mountain Express can only pick up and return passengers at hotels/ residence in Hanoi’s Old Quarter and Tay Ho Area.
– Transfer and excursions are based on sharing basis
– Topas Riverside Lodge is tucked away in the heart of the mountains, amidst bustling rivers and verdant green forest within a traditional minority village, so the location is quite remote and there are no real dining options surrounding the lodge. Because of this, we offer our guests delicious dining opportunities at discounted rates when booking ahead of time. We pride ourselves in our seasonal, Sapa inspired cuisine which offers daily set menus showcasing some of the amazing, fresh local produce. We also cater to most dietary needs if given enough notice. You may add a full meal package to your stay for only: US$11/person for lunch and US$13/person for dinner, including taxes and service charge.
This package includes:
- English speaking guide during excursions
- 1 night at Topas Riverside Lodge (twin shared Standard room)
- 1 night at Topas Ecolodge (twin shared Executive Bungalow)
- 2 breakfasts + 2 lunches (B = breakfast, L = lunch)
- Transfer by Topas Mountain Express: Hanoi – Thanh Phu Bridge; Topas Ecolodge – Hanoi (SIC)
- Transfer by shuttle bus Thanh Phu Bridge – Topas Riverside Lodge – Topas Ecolodge
- Home-stay overnight fees
- Entrance fees and permits
Your adventure starts with only the click of a button...
Rates and Special Offers
Looking for something else? We have many other packages for you to consider, whether you like to hike, bike, learn about ethnic minority cultures, take photos, or relax at Topas Ecolodge.