Ultimate Sapa Retreat
3 days & 2 nights at Topas Ecolodge & Topas Riverside Lodge
This retreat is the perfect way to explore the hidden parts of Sapa, while having the chance to relax and unwind. First on the itinerary will be an overnight stay at Topas Riverside Lodge, located in a Red Dao village. Discover the splendid surrounding nature on an adventurous hike and learn more about the local minority culture on a village walk. Later, relax in style and comfort in a hilltop bungalow at Topas Ecolodge while taking in the stunning views. Both accommodations are located outside Sapa town, deep in the tranquil mountains.
Transport from Hanoi to Sapa is on the 8-seat Topas Mountain Express, complete with a modern interior design and spacious, soft seats.
Reference: SNE3 | Activity: Mountain Getaway | Grade: Easy
Duration: 3 days 2 nights – this retreat can be extended by one or more nights.
Departs every day!
- Trekking through terraced rice fields, mountains and jungle deep in northern Vietnam
- Meeting ethnic minority people in remote villages
- Sampling traditional Vietnamese dishes during family-style dinners
- Swimming in Topas Ecolodge’s two breath-taking mountain-view infinity pools
This tour is perfect for
- Enjoying the outdoors even when short on time
- Experiencing Vietnamese hospitality through homestays
- Cultural immersion and authentic encounters
- Families with children of all ages, however, some activities listed are recommended for active children at least 9 years old. Please speak with your travel designer about potential modifications to this proposed itinerary
Day 1: Hanoi – Nam Cang Village – Topas Riverside Lodge
Day 2: Topas Riverside Lodge – Topas Ecolodge
Day 3: Topas Ecolodge – Hanoi
Day 1: From Red River Delta to the remote Topas Riverside Lodge (-,L,-)
Between 6:30 – 7:00 AM, the Topas Mountain Express will pick you up from your hotel in Hanoi before departing for the mountains. The journey to Thanh Phu Bridge will take nearly five hours, from here you will transfer by minivan to the nearby Nam Cang village. To reach the Riverside Lodge, you will walk through the village and cross a private bridge. After settling into your private room at the Lodge you will be served a delicious lunch of fresh local cuisine.
The afternoon is set aside for visiting the Red Dao minority village. Nam Cang is located in the most remote area of Sapa and the Red Dao women wear some of the most colorful and diverse attire of all Vietnam’s ethnic groups. The Red Dao people are highly skilled in herbal bath preparation, embroidery, paper making and silversmithing. Your guide will take you to explore the village and learn how the villagers make writing paper, silver jewelry and embroidery, as well as about their use of herbal medicines.
Back at the Lodge, you’ll have time to relax and take a dip in the river.
Approximate grade: Easy/ 2 hours walking.
Optional add on: Join a local woman and pick your own mixture of herbs before spending a relaxing evening in a special traditional bath based on your blend. This must be pre-booked and paid directly to the lady.
Day 2: River and jungle walk. Transfer to Topas Ecolodge (B,L,-)
Make your way through the quiet lanes of Nam Cang Village towards a dirt road framed by bamboo forests and views of the rice paddies in the valley below. Here you can simply take the time to rest your feet in the cool, rushing river and enjoy the surroundings, or cross make-shift suspension bridges to explore further. You’ll then hike back to Topas Riverside Lodge to feast on a sumptuous Sapa-inspired BBQ lunch of freshly smoked trout, vegetables, tofu and mushrooms straight from the grill served with freshly picked herbs.
After lunch, you’ll have time to relax on the riverbank in front of the lodge before catching the bus to Topas Ecolodge at 2.15pm.
At the Ecolodge, check-in to your bungalow with a soothing cup of lemongrass and ginger tea while taking in the stunning views from the reception area floor-to-ceiling windows.
Approximate grade: Easy/ 2.5 – 3 hours walking.
Day 3: Topas Ecolodge to the capital (B,-,-)
The morning can be spent at your leisure at Topas Ecolodge, whether relaxing and enjoying the facilities at the Lodge or borrowing our high-quality mountain bikes and exploring the surrounding area. Other options include taking a scheduled shuttle bus to Sapa to visit the town, a half-day tour to reach the highest peak of Indochina, Mt. Fansipan (3.143m) by cable car or indulging in a treatment in our hilltop spa.
At 2:30pm, the Topas Mountain Express will depart from Topas Ecolodge and take you back to your hotel in Hanoi.
– The Topas Mountain Express can only pick up and return passengers to hotels or residences in Hanoi’s Old Quarter and Tay Ho areas.
– Transfers and excursions are shared with other travelers.
– Topas Riverside Lodge is tucked away in the heart of the mountains within a traditional minority village. Since the location is quite remote, there are no real dining options outside of the lodge. Because of this, we offer our guests delicious dining opportunities at discounted rates when booking ahead of time. We pride ourselves on our seasonal, Sapa inspired cuisine which offers daily set menus showcasing some of the incredible fresh local produce. We also cater to most dietary needs if given enough notice. You may add a full meal package to your stay for only: US$11/person for lunch and US$13/person for dinner, including taxes and service charge.
This package includes:
- English speaking guide during excursions
- 1 night at Topas Riverside Lodge (twin shared Standard room)
- 1 night at Topas Ecolodge (twin shared Executive Bungalow)
- 2 breakfasts + 2 lunches (B = breakfast, L = lunch)
- Transfer by Topas Mountain Express: Hanoi – Thanh Phu Bridge; Topas Ecolodge – Hanoi (SIC)
- Transfer by shuttle bus Thanh Phu Bridge – Topas Riverside Lodge – Topas Ecolodge
- Home-stay overnight fees
- Entrance fees and permits
Your adventure starts with only the click of a button...
Rates and Special Offers
Looking for something else? We have many other packages for you to consider, whether you like to hike, bike, learn about ethnic minority cultures, take photographs, or simply relax at Topas Ecolodge.