Du er her:  Topas Ecolodge » Topas Wellness Retreats – what to expect?

In today’s fast-paced world filled with social media buzz and a dependence on technology, it’s becoming more apparent then ever the importance nature and face-to-face connection have on our emotional and spiritual well-being. At Topas, we believe taking time out of your usual routine to truly unplug – leaving the job, commitments, and phone behind – is one of the most crucial gifts you can ever give yourself.

Whether you are a complete beginner and this is your first time joining a yoga retreat or a seasoned practitioner looking to recharge and challenge yourself, our specially formulated monthly wellness retreats combine out-of-this world locations, warm hospitality, plant-based menus, herbal remedies, cultural encounters, and internationally certified teachers . 

Keep reading to learn more about what to expect when joining a Topas wellness retreat!

The Location

An oasis of calm in the lush jungles, rushing rivers, and blanketed bamboo forests of northern Vietnam…

Connected to the outside world by a wooden suspension bridge across a bustling river to Nam Cang Village, Topas Riverside Lodge is an oasis of peace and fresh air, 36 km south of Sapa. 

Cozy rooms with plush beds and chic bathrooms look out on to gorgeous river views or the lush green canopies of the jungle. Here, nature is truly at your doorstep and accessible at any moment.

Come and discover a different side of Vietnam well beyond the well-traveled tourist paths of Sapa and witness the friendliness, community support, and warm hospitality of the Red Dzao people. 


Daily Yoga Practice

Start your healing journey and disconnect from the busy external world,
retreating into introspection and relaxation through our main wellness practices, although some may differ depending on the monthly teache/studio host…

Hatha Yoga – the most widespread type of yoga in the world and coincidentally, the foundation of all other yoga styles. Ideal for beginners or students who prefer a more relaxed style of practice due to the gentle pace and attention given to each position. 

Yin Yoga –  a slow-paced style in which poses are held for a longer period, usually between 3 – 5 minutes per pose depending on the teacher. The purpose is to apply moderate pressure to the connective tissue while increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility.

Ashtanga Yoga – a system of yoga comprised of six series, each with their own set sequence of asanas, always performed in the same order. Classes are typically fast-paced, vigorous and more physically challenging than the other two styles. 

Meditation –  the practice of training one’s awareness and gaining a different perspective through learning how to observe thoughts and feelings without judgement in order to understand them better. 

Plant-based Sapa Meals

Understand the local inspiration behind chef Christian’s signature holistic dishes…

Each retreat’s specialized menu combine elements of veganism, vegetarianism, and pescetarianism,  created with balance in mind.  Regardless of your diet, 80% of the dishes are plant-based with the remaining 20% providing protein in the way of nuts, eggs, tofu, and fish. 

There will always be plenty of super foods available throughout the day, whenever you’re mixing your own juice with a touch of fresh turmeric root, enjoying an iced Oolong Tea, or sharing a hot pot with freshly picked mushrooms. 

Sit around our large round tables, interacting with your new friends while sharing platters prepared with Nordic techniques and most importantly, authentic northern Vietnamese flavors. 

Spa by the river

Mind, body, spirit

A holistic approach to wellness includes activities for the mind as well as the body. Check out just some of the incredible experiences offered on every wellness retreat!

Cultural encounters – learn about the Red Dzao community, famous for their exquisite embroidery, silversmithing, and botanical knowledge. 

Nature hikes – Hike through lush green foliage framing picturesque views of rice paddies and mountains in the distance in both wild jungles and cultivated farms. 

Herbal gathering and traditional treatments – forage for medicinal herbs paramount to Red Dzao culture or take it easy and soak in steaming hot traditional herbal bath at our bathhouse. 

Show-stopping views – Bask in the incredible views from the top of Topas Ecolodge’s renowned infinity pools or the lush greenery of Nam Pa Valley, a quick 1-hour hike away from Topas Riverside Lodge. 

Have a look at a previous retreat video below!

Come and join us on our next retreat!

Upcoming yoga retreat

TRL yoga patio

Topas Wellness Retreat

Get back to basics and immerse yourself in the enchanting culture of northern Vietnam on this 4-day wellness retreat filled with yoga, communal vibes, cultural encounters, lush nature, and an organic, plant-based menu at Topas Riverside Lodge and Topas Ecolodge.