Du er her:  Topas Ecolodge » Artist residency

Topas Riverside Lodge

Artist in Residency Collaboration Program

Our newest program launches this summer, offering an exclusive opportunity for artists to revitalize their creative spirit while collaborating with Sapa’s hottest new property on a one-week artist in residence program, running once a month from June 15th until November 1st each year.  Keep reading to learn more about the program and how to apply!


The artist-in-residence collaboration program was conceived one day while thinking of the tranquil setting of our lush natural surroundings. A wonderful place to disconnect from every day life, Topas Riverside Lodge is the ideal place for a creative sabbatical, breathing in the fresh air and finding inspiration around every corner. 

We invite any and all levels of photographers, videographers, and content creators interested in injecting some new life into their work to apply! In exchange for sharing content with us in your medium of preference/expertise, we will offer you a 4-night complimentary stay at our lodge, followed by a 1-night sleepover at Topas Ecolodge, our sister lodge! 

As well, during your free time, we hope you will have the chance to work on your own projects, whether you are in the conceptual stage and in pursuit of new ideas or needing a boost and place to concentrate on a project nearly completed. 


shoe place


Each resident is provided with a room in our lodge for the duration of the collaboration. Rooms are equipped with either a queen or 2 twin beds, with a space to hang up clothing, and a private ensuite bathroom.  

Linens and towels are provided, with the room cleaned and linens changed by the housekeeping team every other day, or as requested by the resident. 

Each residency can accommodate up to 2 visual artists at any given time, who arrive and depart on the same day to ensure a deeply-shared experience and collaborative environment. 



Our kitchen team serves up three meals per day for all artists in residence. Lunch and dinner are based off of northern Vietnamese cuisine and usually include such staples as white rice along with 80% plant-based dishes. The remaining 20% will be made up of protein ranging from tofu and eggs to regional chicken, pork, beef, and fish. Breakfast is a simple affair of cereals, muesli, jams, soups, and freshly baked bread. 

Meal times are served up as follows: 

Breakfast: 7:00 – 8:30

Lunch: 12:00 – 13:30

Dinner: 18:00 – 19:30

Our small team works hard to accommodate dietary restrictions while making sure everyone is fed healthy, delicious meals.

coffee landscape


We hope you find inspiration all around you! From walking in Nam Cang Village and visiting with members of the Red Dzao tribe to grabbing a bicycle and exploring quiet mountain paths and hidden valleys. 

The lodge has ample space within itself to work, whether on the second floor in the common area where the library is located or on the ground floor, home to the kitchen, dining room, and a beautiful outdoor patio. Complimentary Wi-Fi is readily available throughout Topas Riverside Lodge, as well as in public areas at Topas Ecolodge. 

How to Apply

All residencies are fully funded with accommodation, food, and transport from Hanoi. Selected residents are responsible for funding their own travel if not located in Hanoi. 

In exchange for the residency, the artist will share content in the exchange of photographs, videos, and/or written work in the form of blog posts, magazine articles, social media posts. 

Interested artists should send their portfolio and cover letter to marketing@topastravel.vn. 

Collaborating teams are welcome to apply with the above submissions. The team leader is responsible for all aspects of participation and communication, and must submit a project plan. Teams can be a maximum of 4 members and will be allotted 2 rooms during the stay. 

Visit us at

Topas Riverside Lodge

Our Story


Our Story

While most people have heard of our famous sister property, Topas Ecolodge, dubbed by National Geographic as one of the top places to stay if you care about protecting the environment, few have had the pleasure of visiting our humble riverside retreat nestled within a sleepy Red Dzao community, forests of bamboo and pine, and thundering mountain streams. 

Red Dzao Culture


Red Dzao Culture

How much do you know about the Red Dzao ethnic minority, Vietnam’s second largest minority group and Topas Riverside Lodge’s favorite neighbors?